Monday, November 12, 2018

False Hearted Lover



Time flung me
Life
not solid ground
no olive branches to hold on
there is no mistletoe
no Jericho
Just patterns
crippled vision
crippled heart
I blame you
I blame me
I'm tired of sorries
tired of untrusted sincerity
A lifetime friend
suddenly says,
"I've only been here
to feel sorry for you
I'm not interested in your happiness too"
My heart gave out the same way
up and tried to quit
on Valentines Day
and how thankful I was
for this life and my love
when I kept living
just because...
but joy fled from me
as torturous distance
and deliberate deceit
my sweet joy retreated
as distant haunted shadows darkened
the bat that disappears into the evening
I waited bandaged, wounded, believing
life was to be returning
but the core breaking
feels like a flood
and you can repair the mechanical heart
but you cannot replace the flesh and blood.

No comments: